Games have certainly evolved since its inception. From games that have really basic game mechanics to games that are really difficult, I am happy that games are continually evolving, each and every year.
From time to time, I play games that are hard; really hard, in fact, that I just want to throw away the game controller.
In this article, I will talk about the 5 difficult games that make you want to throw the game controller. These games are from certain game consoles and I will talk about PC games in the future.
But for now, let’s start with the list, starting with…
- Mike Tyson’s Punch Out. This game is by far one of the hardest, especially you reach the final boss of the game which is in the title. This game is available for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). Now, what makes this game hard? Well, the controls lag a little bit, so every time you press a button, there is a substantial delay in movement. Furthermore, when you reach Mike Tyson himself, he has this move that will ultimately knock you out in just one punch. What’s worse is that he does this at the most random times and once he does, you just want to throw the controller away.
- Dark Souls. Dark Souls 3 was just recently released but the version I am talking about is the very first version. People across the globe agree that the first ever Dark Souls title is the hardest game in the series. When I first played this game, I was full of enthusiasm. That’s because this game allows you to create a medieval character to fight the forces of evil. I was ecstatic to play it until I actually played it. Even the first few minutes of the game, it is already hard and it is going to get harder and harder as the game progresses.
- Ninja Gaiden. The first Ninja Gaiden title was released on the Nintendo Entertainment System but this particular version is for the Xbox Game console. This game is insanely hard because it is laden with puzzles and a lot of annoying enemies to halt your advances.
- Arma 2. Now, there are a lot of shooting games out there but the realism of Arma 2 surpasses any of them in the difficulty department. Whenever you get shot in the game, you’re dead. How the F are you going to avoid bullets that are coming your way? That is where you need to get crafty. Think of this as a realistic scenario where you have to avoid the bullets to avoid dying on the battlefield.
- Spelunky. And the last hardest game in the list is the 2008 Spelunky. This is a multi-platform game as it is released on various game consoles and the PC platform as well. The game might be easy on the surface: explore caves and dungeons and solve the puzzle in them. The problem? Once you die, you die permanently. That’s right; this game forces you to consider every step you take as one misstep can spell doom for your character and you have to restart the game all over again.
So there you have it! Here are 5 games that are really hard to play. But, what makes challenging games amazing is that because of its difficult gameplay, it will help you get glued to your seats in order to beat the game.
Beating a game that is known to be hard gives you a sense of accomplishment. Tune in for the next article where I will talk about the 5 hardest games on the PC.