In today’s world, we are too busy with work and family life that we often don’t have time to prepare delicious and nutritious meals. Luckily, modern chefs are devising an easy to prepare and quick to cook recipes that are not only delicious, but it is definitely healthy as well.
This healthy dish is the Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes. It packs a lot of flavor and you are assured that there are a lot of healthy goodies in it as well. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which is an antioxidant that is known to prevent degenerative diseases by eliminating free radicals.
Tomatoes have also been found to decrease the likelihood of developing certain cancers. Plus, it helps maintain strong bones and it also eliminates the negative effect of smoking in your system.
That being said, here are the ingredients that you need to create these scrumptious Stuffed Tomatoes:
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to grease pan
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- Handful parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice tops off of each tomato about 1/2 inch down from stem, making a cap. Set caps aside. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh, being careful not to pierce skin.
- Lightly grease a glass baking dish with olive oil, and space tomatoes evenly in pan with sliced sides up.
- Mix feta and parsley. Stuff mixture into tomatoes.
- Season tomato caps with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place caps on tomatoes and bake for about 10 minutes, or until tomatoes soften and begin to look shriveled and cheese is melted.
Among all the cheese in the world, you’re probably wondering why we chose Feta cheese. First of all, Feta cheese has a strong flavor. When you stuff them inside the tomatoes, and bake them, you will get a really delicious treat that bursts flavor in each bite.
Feta Cheese not only contains Saturated fats, but it also contains calcium to strengthen your bones, protein for building muscles and lean body mass, and a host of vitamins and minerals. These vitamins are Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin B6. For the minerals, Feta Cheese contains Phosphorus and Zinc.
All in all, this dish is a really healthy dish that takes only 30 minutes to prepare. Not only that, but I am sure that your family and loved ones would love this recipe.
Some people have tried this recipe and they are happy that they did. Here is what they have to say:
Claire: “I am a hard-working mom with literally very little time every day to prepare and cook meals. I am thankful that I found this recipe because my whole family loves it, and I am sure that it is very healthy as well.”
Rita: “I am lost for words; this Cheesy Stuffed Tomato recipe is absolutely fabulous!
If you want to have an easy to cook yet healthy and delicious recipe, definitely try this one.